|Geogebra as a tool for teaching A-level Maths
|KS4 and 5 teachers
|Date to be set
This course introduces ways in which Geogebra may be useful in the A level Maths classroom. It should be approachable to complete newcomers to the software. The course aims to give participants the skills necessary to produce simple but useful applets that will illustrate concepts from the M1 and M3 units of WJEC Maths.
Participants will be working with Geogebra during the sessions so they will need to have access, on the computer they are using for the session, to one of versions of Geogebra that can be downloaded (Classic 5 or Classic 6) or to the web version.
Session 1 : Geogebra as a Graphing tool
- Introducing Geogebra
- Producing Graphs of functions
- Investigating gradients and the equation y=mx+c
- Investigating graphs and equations
Session 2 : Geogebra as a Motivating Tool
- Motivating gradient results
- Exploring Functions and Transformations
- Increasing, decreasing, convex and concave functions
Session 1: TBC
Session 2: TBC