Students at school naturally ask “Why study maths?”. These talks give a good answer, showcasing many varied, interesting and well-rewarded careers that use maths:
if you want to mitigate climate change, improve the NHS, design racing cars, create computer-animated films, find better ways of producing steel, … etc. then maths is essential. The talks also outline the paths for studying maths at school or college, and talk about the sort of useful maths you might want to go on to learn about at university, and show how to find out more about potential university courses on-line.
- Presented by one of our Team at your school
- Year groups 10, 11 & 12 – tailored to each year
- Mathematics topics used in real life
- Careers where Mathematics-rich degrees are required
- University ratings and university entry requirements
Provided free by FMSPW